Inspiration of the Moment -

‘To stimulate creativity, one must develop the childlike inclination for play and the childlike desire for recognition.’

Albert Einstein

Friday, June 15, 2007

My first scarf!


I want to make myself a wrap. The pattern I found called for Lion Brand Homespun yarn. My coworkers cursed the yarn, saying it was tough to use, but kindly they gave me some of their leftovers to try it out. I scaled down the wrap design to make a scarf. It's soft and warm and earmarked for Made By Hand. I'm reluctant to give it up, but I have several scarves made by my mom and don't really need another.

What have I learned from crochet projects so far? I love patterns that don't require any thought. Double crochet, chain, double crochet, chain... hit the end, turn, and repeat. Some day I'll do patterns that require counting, but for now I like the mindless repetition.

No comments: